Saturday, October 29, 2011

TractoRap

While geeking around Tractomania I found this guy who I thought may be on his way to a 1990's Rap Revival party.


He did not seem absorbed in things tractorial, and spent most of the time 'impressing' his girlfriend.



I suppose just having a girlfriend helped distinguish him from most of the other chaps there.

I was trying to get a photo of  him as I first saw him, full face and dripping with bling, but as I raised the camera he turned round, looked right at me, and zipped up his hoodie, concealing the VW pendant on a silver chain and God knows what else.

Nonetheless, I was determined to get a better picture and a little subterfuge was called for. I got in front of him and from the shelter of a stall took this picture:



The stall holder was giving me funny looks and I assume he was wondering what I found so fascinating about the product he was demonstrating. Focussing my attention on the foreground I saw that the product being sold was the improbably named 'Glanzol',  a proprietary bling polish - brilliant!

And then to add to the joy, the call of the bling proved too strong to be ignored for my subject. The rap chap headed toward the stall and stopped to watch the polishing demo:




I lost interest and wandered off. When I returned about five minutes later he was still there.

This was a true meeting of disciplines and I left them to it.

Tractor Rap, now there's a niche market...

No comments:

Post a Comment